The United States is losing ground. Between 1880 and 1980, we were a world leader in wage parity, productivity, and technological innovation. Our country gained, on average, about one year’s worth of education per decade. As a nation, we were out-educating and out-performing the world. But...
Over the last two years, TNTP (formally The New Teacher Project) has trained, evaluated, and certified teachers. What sets its programs apart from others is that they are the first organization to certify teachers based primarily on their performance in the classroom. This is pivotal!
In the Institute for a Competitive Workforce report Help Wanted 2012: Addressing the Skills Gap, to which I was privileged to contribute, business and education leaders shared their visions for ways in which both sectors can collaborate to provide our nation with the 21st century workforce it needs...
As part of a growing national movement to prioritize science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education, Virginia Beach City Public Schools (VBCPS) began a targeted effort to improve the quality, access, and real-world relevance of STEM education across all grade levels. Now in its...
U.S. News STEM Solutions 2013 will bring together business, education and government leaders who have long recognized the need to connect the dots between STEM education and careers. Adding to last year’s successful conference format, the second edition will give more dedicated time for these...
The Institute for a Competitive Workforce will hold its annual education and workforce summit on September 17 & 18 at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in Washington, DC. Details to come.
Follow Us »
ICW Tweets »
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary Schools « CBS Chicago t.co/0CNWEvYcbJ
- RT @ChamberForum: RT @uschambericw: Industry, Academia, & Govt Collaboration: A Game Changer for U.S. Economic Future t.co/7TfoWmMuxg via @ChamberForum
- RT @uschambericw: Industry, Academia, & Govt Collaboration: A Game Changer for U.S. Economic Future t.co/7TfoWmMuxg via @ChamberForum
- Industry, Academia, and Government Collaboration: A Game Changer for U.S. Economic Future t.co/Twuw7oUppC via @ChamberForum
- RT @RobEngstrom: Pew Study: Three in four Americans strongly believe our immigration system needs an overhaul. RT if you agree. t.co/3WCBr7OXSC